JOHN PEARSON – SUPERVISOR
I’ve been a resident of this community for 35 years. I’ve raised my children here and now I watch my grandchildren grow up in Upper Providence. I have a passion for this township that nurtured my family. It’s my desire to continue to give back through my service as supervisor of Upper Providence.
- Attended Villanova University 1971 to 1973
- Supervisor from 1996 to 2001 and 2010 to 2015
- Township park and recreation board 2001 to 2006
- Vietnam vet
- Board of Director of Schuylkill Canal Association
- Owner of Fitzwater Station since 1979
HELENE CALCI – SUPERVISOR
Helene Calci has lived in Upper Providence since 2001, along with her husband Joe and three kids who have gone through the Spring Ford school district. After attending Temple University and receiving her BA, Helene has worked as a Senior Art Director at Miller Designworks, SunGard and is currently at Sapient. She has served on the board of AIGA Philadelphia (American Institute of Graphic Design), which serves 750 chapter members as both Secretary for six years and Programming Chair for two. She has also volunteered at Colonial Theatre for their TED talk series. She will bring an open mind and can-do attitude to the Upper Providence Supervisor position.
- Temple University Graduate
- Parent of two Spring-Ford students
- AIGA board chair for eight years
- Volunteers at Colonial Theatre
- Volunteers at Saint Peters Episcopal Food Pantry
- Works on internal marketing team for Sapient
LAURIE HIGGINS – SUPERVISOR
I will serve the families of Upper Providence Township on the Board of Supervisors through my passion for all issues that affect families and their values – environmental protection, land-use planning, multi-use trails, and animal welfare. All transactions between the Board, developers, and residents will be transparent. Preserve and maintain open space and farmland for future generations. On the Board of Supervisors, I will strive to secure the best outcomes for our community and its families.
- Parent of Spring-Ford graduate
- Royersford United Methodist Church
- Dressage at Devon volunteer
- Capitol Hill Equestrian Society